function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BAI-JonBAI-Jon 

Creating cases on custom object: User Profile

Hi,

I have a custom object with an s-control that creates several cases related to this object and then multiple tasks under each case. This s-control also updates the custom object with some information from an account which its related to.  The s-control itself works great when i run it (administrator).  However, i have another user that when they try to run it, the s-control updates the custom object but does not create any cases or tasks.  It also does not give any errors and I can't seem to figure out where its stopping. 

If i change this users Profile to administrator, it runs fine. I've been over and over the users profile to try and find what is preventing the cases from being create, but everything i'm looking at seems like it should be correct.

Under the "Administrative Permissions" both "View all data" and "Modify all data" are checked.

Under the "General Use Permissions," "Manage cases" is checked. 

Other options are checked but these seems to be the most important.

Under the Object permissions, every Read, Create, Edit, and Delete field is checked.

I know this has to be some simple permissions thing i'm missing, but i don't know what it is.  Any ideas?
TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello BAI-Jon,

I would start by installing the Firebug add-on to Firefox and running the s-control as the user. This should result in more information to figure out why it is not functioning correctly.
werewolfwerewolf
5 bucks says it has something to do with field level security.  Did you check that?

TCAdmin's suggestion on Firebug is a good one.  That will give you the lowdown on the problem.