function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JudyJudy 

Need help to create s-control for Opportunity Product page

Hello, need some guidance on below...

I've added custom fields to the Opportunity Product details page and these are added to the page layout. Validation rule is also added; if Product A is chosen, then these custom fields need to be completed.

However when I click on Add Products in the Opportunity page and select Product A, these custom fields do not appear for entry (though the error msg is showing up).

Does anyone has a sample S-control to create a page layout that will include those custom fields ... Thanks!
AMartinAMartin

Hi Judy,

No need for an s-control.

To get the custom fields to show on the "Add Products" page layout, from Setup open the Opportunity Product page layout (view mode not edit).  Then click the "Edit Multi-line Layout" button.  Simply add the custom fields and sort as necessary.

hth.

Aiden

JudyJudy

Hello Aiden

I have did what you mentioned previously and the custom fields still do not appear.

What salesforce suggested is to do a S-control... and I'm at a lost when it comes to creating s-control .

Will reverify with them again .. thanks for your answer..

Regds, judy

AMartinAMartin

Hi Judy,

I'm not sure why the fields are not showing on the "Add Products" page.

You've probably checked the following but:

• Verify that the custom fields' field level security is set to make the fields visible to the users. 
  • Verify that you are showing the custom fields on the opportunity product page layout or they won't show on the Multi-Line layout. 
  • It's the "Edit Multi-line layout" button not the "Mini Page Layout" button that does what you want.
  • Are you using multiple opportunity product page layouts or record types that could be affecting what you are seeing.
  • Don't forget to click the Save button on the main page layout after making your changes with the "Mini Page Layout" button.

I know that's all basic stuff, but sometimes that's the things that causes me pain.

hth.

Aiden

JudyJudy

Hello Aiden.. thanks for the detailed info ; but the field is still not appearing.

I've also tested in a trial professional edition and it does work .

• Verify that the custom fields' field level security is set to make the fields visible to the users.  => on professional level, so this feature is not available to us
  • Verify that you are showing the custom fields on the opportunity product page layout or they won't show on the Multi-Line layout.  => the custom field is on the page layout and a required field too
  • It's the "Edit Multi-line layout" button not the "Mini Page Layout" button that does what you want. => the custom field is added to the multi-line layout
  • Are you using multiple opportunity product page layouts or record types that could be affecting what you are seeing. => no, just one standard page layout available
  • Don't forget to click the Save button on the main page layout after making your changes with the "Mini Page Layout" button. => done

I noticed that the other fields on the page layout are in BOLD (Always displayed) except for the custom field that do not appear in the Add Product page.

How can i make the custom field (picklist) Always displayed too? When i changed one of the other field to Not Always Display, it will then not appear in the add product page, maybe this will help solve my problem.

Cheers, Judy

AMartinAMartin

Sorry I got nuttin.

tmactmac
I am new to Salesforce.  What exactly are S-controls used for? 
kevinedelmannkevinedelmann
another simple thing to make sure of is that the field level security is set to visible for the profiles to be used
TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello tmac,

An s-control is custom code that can modify or display data in the browser. It is normally used to reduce the work involved in complex procedures where it may take user's time. You can find more information by looking at the Cookbook.