function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RocketRocket 

Read data from salesforce

Hi Friends,

Since we are working on analytics outside our salesforce system.Therefore,we have to read data from salesforce and use it outsifde salesforce to create analytics .

My Question:-Outside vendor has to get into salesforce and read data from it.Can somebody tell me steps on how to go about it.

My idea is that outside vendor has to login to salesforce.In order to accomplish that.

Do I need to.

1)Give  enterpriswe url or partner url to them   

3) So once they have been able to log in to the salesforce then how are they going to read data or pull out data from salesforce.Are there any API'S which they have to use to read data from salesforce? 

Guys, please suggests. 

Thanks

AshwaniAshwani

Hi,

If you provide login credentials to outside vender. They can use data import wizard to fetch all required data outside. This is the best method to do this type of work.

As far as I know partner url is no useful for them.

API's also solution but this in case if you donot want to provide login credentials. This is done by Oauth 2.0. You can google for it.

For any doubt please reply or mark it as resolved if it solve your problem.

Thanks.

SurpriseSurprise

Hi Ashwini,

Thanks for your response.I think I can use Enterprise wsdl to accomplish same task.Outside vendor can login to salesforce using login api from enterprise wsdl and then he gets token ,using that token he can query salesforce objects and fetch data from salesforce.since data extraction has to happen automatically on a regular basis therefore,he cannot use import wizard.

Do u have any suggestion?

Thanks,

Nitin

AshwaniAshwani

Hi,

As you determine data extraction process as to happen automatically. In that case two things Apex Scheduler and Integretion with outer server where data to be store would be helpful. But there is governor limit will come which restricts web call-out through apex schedule. So in that case @future will allow up to 10 web call-outs through apex schedule.

I think this somehow may be helpful for you.

Thanks.

SurpriseSurprise

Thanks Ashwini,

Some other vendor has to get into salesforce and fetch data from salesforce..I do not have to use apex scheduler as I am not pulling out data from salesforce.

What do u think?

Thanks,

Nitin

AshwaniAshwani