function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
__sandra____sandra__ 

Using Talend component tSalesforceOutput to insert data

Hello dear Salesforce professionnals,

I am using Talend to create a batch that loads data from a csv file to Salesforce.

I am using the component tSalesforceOutput (action = INSERT) , but I need the ID of inserted rows, so I unchecked "Extended Output" on the advanced settings tab of the component, this allows me to check the "Retrieve Salesforce ID".

However I don't see the field "salesforce_id" that should appear in the output of the component!

And even though I created the field manually , I keep having an error saying the field is unrecognized.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
__sandra____sandra__

Thank you dnabeth for your reply but it is not matter of Id, the salesforce Id of inserted rows should be populated automatically by the tSalesforceOutput, the componenent should create a field named salesforce_id which I couldn't find!

Now it works for me, I just followed the instuctions found here :

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-17953

It is weird, but I just had to check that I am in built in mode, then uncheck the option retrieve inserted ID then checking it again (I did this twice), then the field Salesforce_id appreared in the output scheme of the component .

All Answers

dnabethdnabeth

Hi

Check in the mapping table the field as a Key

__sandra____sandra__

Thank you dnabeth for your reply but it is not matter of Id, the salesforce Id of inserted rows should be populated automatically by the tSalesforceOutput, the componenent should create a field named salesforce_id which I couldn't find!

Now it works for me, I just followed the instuctions found here :

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-17953

It is weird, but I just had to check that I am in built in mode, then uncheck the option retrieve inserted ID then checking it again (I did this twice), then the field Salesforce_id appreared in the output scheme of the component .

This was selected as the best answer
adeltaraabtadeltaraabt
Hey All,

I have my data in a SQL DB and i would like to create two extra colnums in my source table one for the Id(when the data getsloaded in to Salesforce) and a  second(if there is an error.

Any idea on how to direct the tLogRow data back to the source table ?

Thank you in advance.

Lee