function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DarrellDDarrellD 

Best Way to Populate Picklist for Many Language Choices?

This is for a packaged app. Kicking around the best way for someone to make multi-select language selections for a record? Pretend is a Contact and you want to indicate they can speak English;Spanish;Chinese.  Whether to incorporate this into a Flow right now or is it too much trouble?  I mean outside of hand coding all the possible values as multi select picklist choices in Flow, that's not a good option and not scalable.

Given that there are hundreds of options, it seems that using a Custom Setting with all the languages and codes would make sense? But I cant think how to include that in the Flow.  I've started to look at the GitHub class at https://github.com/raja-sfdc/FlowPicklistSync   and will look at that a bit more.  Trying to see if better to just wait until there is a little easier solution to populating multi select picklists in Flow.  I could also just do the selection outside of the Flow in regular UI I suppose?

Darrell

RajaramRajaram

Can you explain a bit more on what you are trying to do, i.e. the use case. I dont entirely understand what you are trying to do.

DarrellDDarrellD

For use case, someone is creating a new Contact using Flow.  As part of that they should be able to select the Languages the contact speaks.  in SF UI I'd do this through a multi select picklist (probably).  Might even use Dynamic picklist.  (e.g. Chinese, then what dialect).  There are 150+ different languages to choose from.  Given the current limitations with populating Flow with picklist values from SF objects, coding all 150+ language options into Flow doesn't make sense.

So I'm trying to understand if there is a better workaround until there is improved functionality for populating large picklist values in Flow and not having to maintain 2 lists (SF UI and Flow) for picklist changes.