function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Blake TanonBlake Tanon 

Flow Designer constantly crashing!

I've tried the application in Chrome and Firefox, updated flash and it is still crashing when I attempt to make the smallet adjustments to a flow.  It seems there's no desktop version of the this available anymore either, has anyone else been experiencing issues?

DarrellDDarrellD

Well you can't use the Desktop and Web version interchangeably anyway, so don't try to find an old Desktop version.

When you say crash you mean the screen is just going blank? Are you using Winter '13 or are you in a test environment at all for Spring '13?  I use Flow daily and not experienced this.  I use Chrome and Firefox.

Blake TanonBlake Tanon

I'm using it in a winter 13 production environment, it also crashes in IE.  When I say crash, the browers says flash has crashed.

RajaramRajaram

Can you tell me the following:

OS version

Browser/Version

Flash Player version?

Blake TanonBlake Tanon

I've tried this on both my PC and my Mac and via multiple browsers... here are the following

PC:

Windows 7 64 bit - SP 1 (has all windows updates)

• Internet Explorer 64 bit - 9.0.8112.16421
  • Internet Explorer - 9.0.8112.16421
  • Google Chrome - 24.0.1312.52 m
  • Mozilla Firefox - 17.0.1

Macbook:

OSX 10.8.2

• Safari - 6.0.2 (8536.26.17)
  • Google Chrome - 23.0.1271.101

Flash is the most current version on each.

I don't think the flow is to big, I'm attempting to rename some of the items in the explorer.  I get the best results on my macbook, but even when it does work it take about 30seconds to close a wnidow after I hit 'ok' then I have to save after every change.

http://tinypic.com/r/xg9ap/6 - The things highlighted in Red are what I'm changing (on my mac in crhome), after abotu 20 seconds the shackwave has faield comes up, then after another 20 seconds it accepts teh changes and acts normal.  I have to do this for each change, then save per each change incase it crashes which it does a good bit.

I get the 'best' results in chrome on my macbook, the others just crash the page out.

MJTWDMJTWD

Hi Blake,

Any success in figuring this out? I am experiencing exactly the same issue on my pc...however I just been able to open the Flow Designer on my mac. It worked on my pc a couple of days ago, however eversince then the Designer fails to load properly, either loads completely blank or says the plug-in has crashed. Uninstalled Flash and reloaded but still no success.

Thanks

Blake TanonBlake Tanon

No solution yet, mine loads but crashes if I try to change anything.  The only way I can get anything to work is on chrome/mac - but as above it takes a very long time.

RajaramRajaram

Blake, the best way is to log a case with salesforce support. We have not seen anything like this before.

RajaramRajaram

Do you have a lot of windows/tabs open? Seems more like a memory/resource consumption issue.

Can you may be restart the PC and try with just 1 window and see how it behaves?

FMDFMD

I usually use Firefox for my sandbox and Chrome for production and had the same issue about a month ago. Chrome and Firefox would either crash or  have a considerable lag when using the flow designer, I also had a weird out of sync audio issue on flash pages. After some research I came across an issue with something called "pepper flash" in the newest flash update. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I read this post but it worth a shot.

After disabling the "peper flash" in my chrome browser the audio sync issue was fix as well as the flow designer lag. I stopped using FireFox during this time because it crashed and chrome did not. I was getting annoyed at the time because I had to login and login out of the same browser.I finally remove the "pepper flash" from FireFox and had no more issues. Based on my logs, this is the same time I started using both browser again. Since you stated you can use it on a Mac without an issue I think this might be a solution or least a point in the right direction.  A simple search will provide more than enough info pertaining to the problems pepper flash is causing.