function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SnrSvcsWASnrSvcsWA 

formatting variables to update multi-select picklists

This feels like a silly questions, but everything I've tried has not worked, so hopefully someone else can help me out.

We have some multi-select picklist fields on a record. The Visual Workflow steps through different topics, and based on the user's response, will add or not add values to a variable that then gets saved to the multi-select picklist field. I have been using the assignment element to add the values to the variable. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to format properly with semicolons, linebreaks (or even spaces, really) between values. Any spaces or semicolons I include are ignored, but any other formatting i attempt includes ALL markup characters.

These are the values I've tried adding to the variable through the assignment element, and the result that got saved to the record:

Value                      Result

Emergency;   --> Emergency
'Emergency;' --> 'Emergency;'
Emergency <br/> --> Emergency <br/>
Emergency & BR() --> Emergency & BR()
"Emergency;" --> "Emergency;"

Any suggestions?

Cathy JohnsonCathy Johnson
Were you able to figure out how to make this work? I would like to do a similar update using a triggered visual workflow once they are available with Spring '14. 
SnrSvcsWASnrSvcsWA
Unfortunately  I never found a solution, and had to use a workaround (actually, fundamentally restructured the flow so gather the information differently). If things have changed in more recent releases, please share, though! What we ended up with is a bit awkward for my users.