function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
djfubardjfubar 

Visual Flow Limitations

Hi,

I've been looking at migrating our sales order process from Visualforce pages to Visual Flows but have come across the following limitations.:-

1. Render fields on selection of dropdown, radio, check box values

2. Add custom buttons i.e. cancel button

3. Ability to add Attachment fields

4. 2 column field layouts

5. Add Page Block Sections to screen layouts

6. Display multiple results through a datatable or similar

7. Render Page Block messages

Does any know if there is workarounds for these limitations or if they are on the Salesforce Visual Flow road map?

Im under the impression that Visual flows are currently designed for basic submissions of data?

Thanks

Pete

DarrellDDarrellD

You are right when you say they are currently designed for "basic submission of data". The data functionality is closer to native Workflow than Trigger at this point...though I know they are working on a lot of this.  Except for item 3, the others you list may be able to be accomplished now. Kind of depends on specifically what you mean. There's a lot there.  I'll make couple comments.

1. You can use a decision element to accomplish, but there is no dynamic choice that would explicitlly do this. WIth decision, you'd say if element equal X to to dropdown screen...if Y go to radio screen, etc.

2. You can incorporate Flows on VF pages so you can have the custom button on the VF page. But as to how it would "stop" a Flow not sure what you mean since they are user initiated anyway right now. I also know you are trying to move your VF pages so this could even add a layer since need VF for this.

5. Same as #2 but I don't think you can do this within a Flow at this point.

6. The dynamic choice "kind of" does this, but it's true you can only have 1 field displayed so not really a table.

Darrell