function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jax.ax1308Jax.ax1308 

Packaged Flows

We have a managed package that we built. Everything is good except the Flows. For some reason when the flow tries to look up a Contact record it fails. Thanks in advance! 

See below: 

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Quote/301F0000000L19L exception by user/organization: 00DA0000000ArVb/{4}

; nested exception is:
        common.exception.ApiQueryException: sObject type 'XYZ__Contact' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
(There was a problem executing your command.) > RETRIEVE

caused by element : Data lookup.Check_Contact

caused by: ; nested exception is:
        common.exception.ApiQueryException: sObject type 'XYZ__Contact' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
(There was a problem executing your command.) > RETRIEVE

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Jax,

Please check if the profile of flow user who is updating the contact record has access on the fields of the records being update.

Jax.ax1308Jax.ax1308
I checked and everything is good. I think that the problem may be that the flow starts with record lookup (contact) and some how because it is packaged it thinks to look up to a custom object (contact).
Jax.ax1308Jax.ax1308

Ok, so I removed the record lookup from the package and uploaded the new version. It is still not working I get the same error:

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Quote/301F0000000L1BC exception by user/organization: 00DA0000000ArVb/{4}

; nested exception is:
(There was a problem executing your command.) > CREATE

caused by element : Data update.Create_Contact1

caused by: ; nested exception is:
(There was a problem executing your command.) > CREATE

DarrellDDarrellD

I need you to log a case right away. There is a problem with the Flows. You can see my posting below but I've been using Flows in our managed package for 5 months now and I can assure you that the error you are getting is a problem. I've been waiting a week for them to fix it as we cannot use our package so I need you to log a case.

If you look at the error it's looking for (namespace)__Contact object. There is no such thing. It's not supposed to be adding a namespace to the contact object. I'm going to contact the Flow developer with your error right now as well.

I also wouldn't spend any more time messing up your Flow for a workaround. I've spent about 12 hrs doing various things but am now sure it's a bug in Summer '13. Since it's looking for an object that doesn't exist you can't workaround it.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visual-Workflow/Visual-Flow-Problem-passing-value-from-dynamic-choice/m-p/647923#M1436

Jax.ax1308Jax.ax1308
Thanks! I am logging a case right now. We are just out of security review and I swear we checked it before we went in. Flows are a HUGE part of our package! Please let me know if you find anything out.
DarrellDDarrellD
I can tell you that the problem is only after it's packaged. So sometime
near the release of Summer '13 it was working fine. But once a Flow was
updated after that point it actually works fine in the Developer org BEFORE
it's packaged. So our user tests and all were fine. After we packaged it we
found the namespace problem. And it makes a little sense that this is when
you see it since the namespace is not associated with the Flow until after
you package it.

Our package, including Flows, has been live in orgs for 4-5 months.
Unfortunately we then upgraded them to this new version, since we did not
see the problem initially, so now NO ONE can use the package as this Flow
is a major part. I cannot tell if it only affects the Contact object or all
standard objects, but it's one of the two. Your error is the EXACT same
we've been getting and I've been trying to get traction to show them it's a
bug that we cannot workaround. Your case will help a lot. I you want to add
a comment and put our case number it's 09447048.

Darrell
Jax.ax1308Jax.ax1308
Case submitted (09469641) Thanks! I am glad we found this before we went live with it.
Jax.ax1308Jax.ax1308

Darrell did they fix you problem yet? I am still waiting!

DarrellDDarrellD

No nothing yet. Just contacted our ISV AE this afternoon to see if he can help with an ETA. Yesterday got message that R&D is still looking at, but we need to know if theyt think it's days...weeks, etc.  Workaround for us would be a mess and no way of testing it until create actual package and install into an org (the Flow works fine in DE org).  So workaround would be very, very time consuming to create and test and adds zero value to app.

I was disappointed that this isnt on Known Issues site yet as well so others are alerted.

We just took down our AppExchange listing temporarily so people don't try a busted app.

Will let you know if I get any update.

- Darrell

DarrellDDarrellD

At least this finally made it to the Known Issues site. Please select the "This affects me" link if it does affect you.

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000SzFwAAK

Jax.ax1308Jax.ax1308

Everyone, 

I have found a workaround!! It seems like they fixed the namespace problem but they now have a bunch of new bugs. If you upload a version of a flow into a package Ie version #20 and that version (20) is enabled in the live org the flow will not work. If you create a new version (#21) add it to the package/upload it then go to the live org and enable version #20 (the one not enabled in the package) it will work! Let me know if this works for you. 

DarrellDDarrellD
When did you create these Flows, just recently? I just tried this with 2
Flows we had packaged late last week and didn't work. But maybe I have to
create new versions of my Flows AGAIN for this to work? I'm getting
skittish about that becasue you can only have 50 versions of a Flow and we
are up to 38 I think on one of the Flows. We are wasting versions trying to
get this bug to work.
Jax.ax1308Jax.ax1308

So I kept having problems with a record lookup to contacts and now everything works! The trick is to have the active version that comes with the flow be after the one that you want to use. IE: Version #21 is uploaded in the new package but you turn on Version # 20 in the production org. Hope this works for you!

DarrellDDarrellD
So I'm clear, because I think I tried this and didn't work. The package is installed in an org now and doesn't work. One of the Flows is version 35. So I create version 36 in my DE org, package it, install in customer org. Then I log into customer org and make version 35 active again?

If that's it didn't work for me. I hope I misunderstood what you did.

Darrell DeVeaux
HealthDetail, Inc
An SBA 8(A) and HubZone Certified Company
Email: ddeveaux@healthdetail.com
Phone: ${office}
Jax.ax1308Jax.ax1308

I know that it sounds crazy but it worked for me.