function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul F-2Paul F-2 

Record Update not generating fault when expected

I have a flow that initially does a Record Lookup using an Id input field then display a confirmation Screen with a checkbox and the record Name and Status fields. If the update is confirmed by the user (checkbox checked), a Record Update is used to update the Status field = Y. To handle concurrency, the Record Update uses the Id and Status = X, which is the required status for an update. This is done to handle concurrency. If the Record Update is successful, a screen is displayed with a message saying so. The normal flow execution works as expect.  However, if I get to the confirmation screen then update the record from another session, I'm expecting the Record Update to fail because the Status is now Y, instead of X as specified in the Record Update condition, but the fault is not thrown.  Furthermore, the record is not updated, which is good (I have a trigger that udpates a timestamp and the timestamp does not change from what was set by the alternative session).   However, I need the fault thown so I can provide a proper message to the user.  Any idea why the fault is not thrown?

Thanks.

Paul F