function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bboschebbosche 

Need a Global Table to make certain lookup / reference information available to all Objects

This may seem so basic, but I must be missing the way to accomplish it. I need to set up one or more tables, with multiple fields, that can be referenced by all of my objects in Salesforce. How can I accomplish this? As it is right now, I've had to create multiple copies of the same table with a relationship to the places I need it, but that is a maintenance nightmare.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Depending on your use case, you can create lookup or master-detail fields from multiple objects to the single multi-purpose table you are using, or you can create many-to-many relationships by creating a separate object and using two master-detail relationships on this object.

For example, given objects A, B, and C, where A is used both for B and C records, create links from B to A and from C to A. (There are many B's and many C's that use a single A).  Given the same tables, but given that B may link to multiple A records, use a separate object, D, that contains links to both A and B.