function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anjuanju 

How to customize related list?please help.

I have arelated list in Opprotunity. I need to remove its "Action" field. Is it possible. If so then how?

Greg HGreg H
I don't believe you can remove the action column.  Additionally, some of the standard related lists are not editable at all.  To see what options you have for customizing you should go to the page layout of the object (like Opportunity) and click edit for the desired page layout.

In edit mode you can click on the related list you want to edit.  It will turn blue to denote it has been selected.  Then click the "Edit Properties" button to see what changes you can make.
-greg
anjuanju

From page layout we have no option to remove "Action" field from a related list.

Let me explain my issue.

I have a custom object "CustObj1".  And it is a relted list in Opportunity.

By default we can edit/ delete the records from a related list and records have link to "CustObj1". But I  don't need to edit/ delete records or any link. I need to dispaly records as label.

I am planning to put an SControl in the related list. But how can I apply it in related it.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
The action column is always displayed, but Edit/Delete will be displayed only if the user has the appropriate permissions (this means if you disable the ability to edit/delete a record, the link will disappear, but then the user can't edit or delete the record). However, you can override the buttons with custom S-Controls, so edit/delete could take on a different functionality.

Also, you generally can't display S-Controls in related lists either. However, you can show custom List Buttons for the object on a related list-- this button may reference an S-Control or JavaScript code.

~ sfdcfox ~

anjuanju
 I have removed edit and delete button from page layout of  "CustObj1". Now in view page of "CustObj1" I am not getting edit and delete button. But still edit and delete links(action field) are showing in related list in Opportunity.
I don't want to diverge it into a scontrol. I just need to hide the Action field.
TCAdminTCAdmin
Anju,

You will need to remove the edit and delete permisson for user's profiles, EE, DE, & UE.  That will remove the action link from the related list.
Carl_V1Carl_V1

There is possibly another way to address this...

Use record types on the object in the related list.  When certain criteria are met on the custom object use workflow to update the r/type of the object from state1 to state2.  Have a separate page layout assigned to state2 that read-only's all the fields on the record. So - the user can look but not edit.

Good luck.