function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dnewportdnewport 

Calling an S-Control from a Field

Hello All,
I have created an S-Control to give me the Date/Time of the Next Contact Attempt for a Lead and based on the Lead Creation Date have created another S-Control to Color Code the Leads according to Priority.  What I would like to do is to place the "Next Contact Attempt" S-Control (which is an Inline SControl) on the Main Lead Tab. 

I think that to accomplish this, I would have to call the S-Control from a Field, since I can only add fields to be displayed in the Views and Recent Leads on the Lead Tab.

How would I do this?

Thanks in Advance,

Danny
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
You can't do this in the current release, nor would it be advisable (think of loading 25 javascripts at once, which could actually crash your browser or freeze it indefinately). Instead, use a formula field to display an image based on priority or to create a "next contact date". Examples of images in formulas is found in Help & Training, and also on the AppExchange App "Sample Formula Fields." You could use the S-Control to update a field on your page layout, though, and then have that field appear on your home page/list views.

~ sfdcfox ~
dnewportdnewport

Thank you...I had actually used an image in a formula field to accomplish what I wanted before.  I was looking for a way to highlight the fields...and the only way I could feasably do that was with an s-control. 

Danny