function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bakumbakum 

Where's the actual documentation?

Hi, folks.  Can someone please point me to the document that outlines the AJAX tools in use by Salesforce to the level of, here's the objects we are creating for you and their methods and functions, here's the list of javascript functions we've created and the syntax on how to use them?

An example of what I'm looking for is the sforce object.  It's obviously got standard methods and functions like sforce.SObject, I can see that much from the sample code.  But I'll be goll danged if I can find where this is all outlined and documented.  Am I just supposed to guess?

Also, I have already seen the AJAX Toolkit Developer's Guide and that's not it. 

Another thing I'd love to see documented are the standard javascript tools in /js/functions.js.  I just can't find that anywhere. 

It feels like I'm working on an early version of an open source platform, only we're paying for this one.  Which is strange. 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
The sforce object is documented in the AJAX Developer's Toolkit in a general form; it defines the AJAXification of the API. That means you're supposed to reference the API Developer's Guide for the actual parameters to API calls, the standard objects used, etc.

You should read the API documentation fully first so that you understand the objects and method calls used; the AJAX Toolkit documentation will make sense if you do so. Both of the documentations are located on the Apex Wiki.

I managed to pick up the AJAX basics in mere minutes, mostly because of my knowledge of the API and JavaScript. Those less fortunate will need to work on it a bit more. The rewards are totally worth it.

~ sfdcfox ~

Message Edited by sfdcfox on 08-08-2007 07:41 PM

Message Edited by sfdcfox on 08-08-2007 07:41 PM

bakumbakum
I'll read the API and see where that gets me.  I read part of it and it didn't seem much better than the AJAX guide but maybe I missed the juicy bits.

Thanks for your help!

-mb