function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoshTJoshT 

S control for emailing solutions

I am looking to create a custom button in solutions which calls an S Contol that would pop up a window for emailing a solution.  Currently you have to select send an email in activity history and then select the template and the contact.

Ideally I would like a button in a solution that would automatically select the template for you and then you manually chose the contact.

As well maybe a button in cases that could do the same but use the contact already chosen for the case.

How hard would this be to create?  I couldn't program to save my life.
MKPartners.comMKPartners.com
We created a button on Cases that will take you to the Compose Email page with the To set to the Case Contact, the Related To set to the Case, and the Template already chosen to use one that includes the contents of the selected solution(s).  No s-control needed.

Here is the URL of the button:

/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=%2F{!Case.Id}%3FsrPos%3D0%26srKp%3D500&p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&template_id=[insert Template Id Here]

You will need to first create the template and substitute its ID for [Insert Template Id Here]
TDARWMTDARWM
I have done this but I also need to be able to change the reply to address. Any ideas?