function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MerrillMerrill 

Launch S-Control Via Workflow

Earlier this year, I saw a post with the proper code in it. Now that I need it I cannot find it.

I would like launch an S-Control up saving a page.

Particularly, When an Opportunity Product is Edited.

The previous post talked about using a workflow and 'New Outbound Message'. I just cannot figure out what to put in the 'Endpoint URL'

Thanks!

Off i go on my hunt...
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
Outbound Messaging doesn't launch an S-Control, it launches a Web Services call to a remote server to process the record. It's like Apex Code, but depends on an external server to do the processing. Basically, the endpoint is somewhere on your server (eg. www.mycompany.com/services/ProcessOpportunityUpdates ). Then, the workflow rule is set to trigger when something interesting happens, and included as a part of the workflow rule actions. Then, the service can do something interesting like update an external database, call the API to make additional modifications to the record, or to other related/unrelated records, etc. You still can't call an S-Control via a workflow rule; S-Controls always run in a browser, and workflow rules trigger even when using the API, so there's no browser to run the S-Control in, so Apex Code is the only other alternative if you don't use Outbound Messaging. I hope this clarifies things.

~ sfdcfox ~