function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
plapla 

Manage only certain objects

Hello,

How can I create a profile to manage only a few certain objects (ie: Quotes, Followup and Information request objects)?

I'm having a hard time to create a profile described above. I only want my super user to manage only the objects above. Please advice.

Thanks

Paul

Starz26Starz26

what do you mean by "manage".  If you mean actually modify and manage object, look into delegated administration

NikhilNikhil

Your query is no clear please add more details.

plapla

I have tried to create a profile to allow users to create and edit only Accounts, Opportunity and Quote. However the users using this profile seem to be able to have full permissions for the objects mentioned above and even other objects. What did I do wrong? All I want for this profile is to allow create and edit for the objects mentioned above. Please help.

pkurapkura

I would do two things.

1) Verify existing profile first to make sure I've all permissions right -> Go to the Profile associated with the user. Scroll to Standard Object Permissions and Custom Object Permissions. You can  view and modify any permissions of this profile at object level.

2) Verify the users associated with this profile -> Make sure they're standard users and not admin users.What's the role associated with the users that you assigned to the profile you created ?