function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AuteyusAuteyus 

Customer Portal user can't see private replies in Chatter Answers

Steps to reproduce:

1.  Customer Portal User asks a question in Chatter Answers

2.  Customer Support finds the question in their question tab in salesforce, and escalates to case

3.  Customer Support posts private reply to question in salesforce.

4.  Customer Portal User gets an email saying there is a new reply and should go to Chatter Answers, link is provided.

5.  Once the link is clicked, it takes them to Chatter Answers and their question, but no private reply is seen and yes they are still signed in.

Additionally, Customer Support can see their reply in the Questions tab of salesforce.

AntonyAntony

Hello Auteyus,

what type of customer portal users are you using here?

If it is a High Volume portal users, you will need to create a Sharing Setting in order for them to see the private conversation.

Under Setup->Customer Portal->Settings you will find a section called "Sharing Settings for High Volume portal users"

Create a new one, apply it to your high volume portal profile, and Grant access to Cases based on Contact Name (Read/Write).

Let me know if that solved your issue.

As a side Note, you are describing Customer Support replying from the Question tab. You REALLY should use the Service Cloud Console for community moderation. In your setup, create a new app, choose Service Coud console, then add the Question object to the list of object for this console, and Save. Once it is created you can edit it again and define the List Placement, choose the third option (Pinned list to the left and choose something like 55% or 60% for the size). 

It will be MUCH better..

Cheers

Antony

danpeterdanpeter

Hi Antony,

We have the same problem, but we don't have "Service Cloud Portal User Licenses".  We have "Customer Portal User Licenses".  So we don't get the related list located at "Setup->Customer Portal->Settings" for  "Sharing Settings for High Volume portal users".  

Is there anyway to grant access with the  "Customer Portal User Licenses" license types?  Or do we need  "Service Cloud Portal User Licenses" to achieve this capability?

Thanks,

Dan

AntonyAntony

Hello, if you have SCP licenses the sharing set doesn't apply but you do have the right license, no problem.

What could happen is that the profile of those users does not have the right FLS on the Case object.

Open the Profile of those users, look at the Case Field Level Security and verify that the "Question" field is visible.

Let me know,

Antony

TudelaTudela

Hi Antony,

I verified the Question field is in fact visible from the Case FLS section in the user profile. Note that the portal user can log in and post/see questions, but the private communications posted by a support rep from either the Question tab or from within the case do not show up for the portal user. The portal user is using the Overage Customer Portal Manager license.

Thanks,

Martin

AntonyAntony

I don't think it's a license issue, so you should be fine on that front.

Can you look at the Case itself (which has the private conversation on it) and see who's the Contact on it? The owner will likely be the Agent. 

Also, can you check that the Profile of the customer has "Read" on Contact and "Read" on Account too.

TudelaTudela

The case has the rep (me) as the owner, and the portal user contact as the contact. The portal user profile does have read access to both Accounts and Contacts.

AntonyAntony
Is that a Production org? If so, could you open a ticket to our support so I can get your Org ID? thanks
danpeterdanpeter

Hi Antony,

This is indeed a production org.  I filed case 08317011 with the info.

Thanks,

Dan

danpeterdanpeter

Hi Antony,

Did you get our org ID?  We are interested in using the private messaging feature and would like to get this solved.

Thanks,

Dan

AntonyAntony

I got it. I need to dig into this more because from what I have seen your configuration seems correct.

danpeterdanpeter

The solution ended up being to check the "Visible in Self-Service Portal" flag on the case!

Perhaps there is a workflow or trigger solution to check this flag automatically?  Or do our support reps need to check this flag manually?