function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion

SP initiated SSO where salesforce acts as IDP

Is it possible to achieve SP initiated SSO where salesforce acts as IDP.

Note : User does not have to login into SP .

I have tried 1-1 mapping scenario and it is working in my case.

But I need information on "how to achieve SSO when user does not have identities at SP" . I am getting below exception:

saml authentication2.0 failed with message as "IDP provided a name identifier that could not be mapped to valid principal at SP .

Are there any known limitations when Salesforce is used as IDP ? I am currently using the evaluation version.

ndotlndotl

Yes it is possible as I did this as an exercise before impementing a hosted IDP solution. I did it using two developer accounts I had created. Unfortunately my notes on the subject will not be available until Monday. For now I could say that for SAML User ID Type the Federation ID option was selected and for SAML User ID Location the Attribute option was selected. I believe this was needed because the usernames were diffferent on the two systems, and my Federation ID (Setup | My Personal Information | Personal Information) contained the user identifier that was being passed in the SAML asswertion. 

What I could also say now is there is a Firefox plubin called SAML Tracer that will likely shed some light on what is happening in the request/response loop. 

I will try to get back to you on Monday if this has not been resolved. 

Thanks for your input. I was able to complete the above mentioned setup today.

I have done "many to one" mapping in this case.

Mapped IDP users to anonymous at SP and its currently working.