function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WEN JIEWEN JIE 

How to avoid to use Verification Code

Hi,

I know for security, if I login in Salesforce wity my account on a different cumputer, Salesforce need I input the Verification Code.

So, I want to know is that possible to avoid to use Verification Code when I use different computer or mobile device to access my Salesforce instance?

Thank you!

CrocketCrocket

Although I have yet to do so, I believe if the IP address is whitelisted the security token is not needed. IP ranges are specified at Setup | Administration Setup | Security Controls | Network Access page. The following links should be helpful.

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=security_networkaccess.htm&language=en_US

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_profiles_epui_login_ip_ranges_edit.htm&language=en_US

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

You can get rid of the verification code by specifying the trusted ip range in Setup -> Admininstration Setup -> Security Controls -> Network Access.

Click 'New' and set the start and end ip address as follows:

0.0.0.0 to 1.255.255.255

According to the docs:

The start and end IP addresses in an IPv4 range must include no more than 33,554,432 addresses (225, a /7 CIDR block). For example, the following ranges are valid:

• 0.0.0.0to1.255.255.255
  • 132.0.0.0to132.255.255.255
  • 132.0.0.0to133.255.255.255

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Anup

WEN JIEWEN JIE

Hi Anup,

Thanks for your answer. I have used Network Access beforce, and can aovid to use the security_token or verification code. But if I use a mobile device like ipad or an Android tablet to access my Salesforce data, I don't know how to handle it. I have saw some article by Salesforce, and found some description:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_profiles_epui_login_ip_ranges_edit.htm&language=en_US

"The mobile application bypasses IP range definitions set up for profiles. When accessing dashboards and Visualforce pages, the mobile application initiates a secure connection to Salesforce over the mobile carrier's network, but the mobile carrier's IP addresses might be outside of the IP ranges allowed on the user's profile. "

So, do you know how to handle a mobile device?

Thank you!

WEN JIEWEN JIE

Hi Crocket,

Do you know how to handle a mobile device. when I use them to access my Salesforce data. I found a description in the Salesforce article support by you.

"The mobile application bypasses IP range definitions set up for profiles. When accessing dashboards andVisualforce pages, the mobile application initiates a secure connection to Salesforce over the mobile carrier's network, but the mobile carrier's IP addresses might be outside of the IP ranges allowed on the user's profile."

Thank you!

Thiru MuruganThiru Murugan
Hi WENJIE,

Go to Setup > manage user > profiles > select profiles > Login Ip rages > New

here add the below IP - 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255

Thanks !