function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alex M.ax1877Alex M.ax1877 

Cannot add a new domain for Community

Hello,

I'm trying to add a new domain help.7digital.com to our org. I want to use this for our community at 7digitalhelp.force.com/customers. I have emailed support about this, but they haven't provided me with adequate assistance so far.

We've changed the CNAME record of the new domain to point at our primary domain, 7digital.force.com (as instructed by support) and we're getting an error.

Error: Salesforce.com can't validate the domain. The CNAME record may still be processing (which can take up to 24 hours), or the domain may not belong to you. Make sure the domain name help.7digital.com uses help.7digital.com.00db0000000hhjcea4.live.siteforce.com as its CNAME target and try again later. It presently uses 7digital.force.com as the CNAME target, which does not equal the expected value.

Why are we seeing this error? As you can see, it recognises that the CNAME record is pointing at our primary domain. We don't want to use Site.com, so I'm not sure why we're being asked to enter "siteforce" in our domain.

Could someone please clarify how I can get my domain to work with Communities.

Thanks,

Alex

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Alex,

Salesforce does not support domain without www prefix. You need to add www prefix on the domain name and same should be added to the pointing url 

Example :- In a CNAME  record the domain www.abc.com should be pointing to www.abc.com.live.siteforce.com

summyplay1.3880017399988513E12summyplay1.3880017399988513E12
wants .com domains at just $4 contact me at summyplay@gmail.com   (summyplay@gmail.com)
summyplay1.3880017399988513E12summyplay1.3880017399988513E12
wants .com domains at just $4 contact me at summyplay@gmail.com   (summyplay@gmail.com)