function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ad74ad74 

Intermittent problems with Eclipse 3.1

I've been having a few problems with the eclipse addin for editing sControls.  I wondered whether anyone else had seen similar problems and/or knows how to work around them.

Eclipse generally works well, but a couple of times a day it refuses to save the sControl that I am editing at the time, and refuses to sync either.  The typical error is "REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED: TotalRequests Request Limit exceeded".  So at first I assumed that it must have been because I had made a lot of API calls, and exceeded my rolling 24-hour quota, as mentioned in other threads on this forum.  At the time I was making quite a few API calls in my code, so this made sense.  So I just waited a while for the limit to time out.

However, since then I've found that this problem can occur even when I've made hardly any API requests at all in the preceding 24 hours.  For example, prior to yesterday I had not run or changed any of my sControl code for over a week, but yesterday when I opened an sControl in eclipse and made a change, it refused to save it, giving the REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED message.  This would have been the first request made for several days.

Other messages that I get include "Could not fetch meta-data" (this is when starting eclipse or doing a sync operation), or "Invalid thread access".  It's as though eclipse has lost its connection to salesforce.

When the problem occurs, I have to stop using eclipse for a time.  But I can still edit my sControls through the standard web browser interface, and I can still run pages that make Ajax calls, so I'm concluding from those that (a) I can connect to salesforce OK, and (b) I have not exceeded my request limit.

Sometimes I can "fix" it by a combination of logging out of all sf connections, deleting the project in eclipse and renaming it.  But other times, no matter what I do, it refuses to work again. So I revert to editing sControls in the web browser interface.  Then I'll try eclipse again a bit later, and it'll be fine.

I've noticed today that when the problem occurs, the last sControl that I have edited will have been renamed.  For example from "my_sControl" to "my_sControl1".  I can see this from the list of sControls in the browser-based editor.  Does this suggest anything?

Any suggestions would be most welcome.  Thanks.

PS am I correct to assume that each time that I save an sControl from eclipse, this counts as an API call (perhaps more than one) ?
blntblnt
Any update on this? Looks like I just hit the problem with the Force.com IDE v. 13.0.0.200806139415 and Eclipse 3.4.0 Thanks, Bao-Long