function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bitHeadbitHead 

Can the Force.com SOAP API, via a service/web reference monitor a call center & calls made ?

Regarding integrating a Web Service: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Integrating_Force.com_with_Microsoft_.NET

I'm writing an app that needs to communicate with a Salesforce call center to monitor calls being made from the users dialpad, which I in turn will sim-ring with the users desktop phone. So in essance, I need to listen for dial-pad calls of any user I have access to, and know when calls are being initiated, and the number they are calling.

At first I was looking at the CTI Toolkit adapter as the only means to communicate with a Salesforce call centre, but if I can do it through a Service or Web Reference API, then that would be ideal. All Salesforce users who use a call center (dial pad) have to have the adapter installed anyway from my understanding, so for my development efforts I would also have to have the adapter installed on my development boxand try to interface with it...blah blah blah.

If I can just use a service/web reference directly within my C# windows app, then that woule be ideal.

Can the Force.com SOAP API, via a service/web reference monitor and track the Salesforce call center, and it's dialpad made available to all users of it ?

Thanks,

Barry
(Salesforce Newbie)