function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bitHeadbitHead 

.Net ASP page serving Open CTI's HTML/JavaScript ?

This might be a radical idea/suggestion...but...in the Call Center settings (using Open CTI), can you specify a URL that points to an .aspx page instead of an HTML page, to generate the softphone's HTML/Javascript content ?

As in: 

CTI Adapter URL http://my-web-server/MyCompanysSalesforce/Dafault.aspx

...that would be a cool way to serve up the HTML/JavaScript required by the Open CTI API to generate the softphone and connect with Salesforce, while at the same time allowing for backend C# code to handle other custom tasks required on the customers end....like sim-ring of other phones etc.

Is this plausuble ?

Thanks,

Barry

Jean-NoelJean-Noel
Yes, it can be done.
bitHeadbitHead

Yes, I tried it on Friday with a .aspx page on my local web server, and then tried "localhost/myWebPage.aspx" in the Call Center definition URL, and it worked...

I don't suppose you know where I could find a sample of softphone done up in .aspx ?....heck I'd be happy with an HTML/JavaScript one, but the one demo Open CTI softphone is missing some standard features that users would be looking for...like a dial-pad. I've been searching hi and low, but canlt find a definitive example anywhere.

Thanks,

Barry 

Jean-NoelJean-Noel

You need to link your aspx page to the JS callback using a RaiseCallbackEvent and your  server will be able to pickup Salesforce JS messages and do wht you want.

JS is a local stuff, aspx is on the server.

Create a sample softphone in c# talking to SF is easy, the hard part will be to have a full API for the phone system.