function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Emmanuel CoronaEmmanuel Corona 

master-detail / related list

Greetings!

I have a problem with the related list for a custom object i hope you can help me

I have a custom object called "sla", i have another custom object called "building", an object called "sla request"  and the Opp.

I need to make a related list in the opp so the user can request a sla, so i create another object called request, here in this object i have a lookup field to search for the opp, another to search for the SLA... but i need here a related list to include the building... but i only can get a related list with a button NEW, i don't need to create a new building i need to include the building that allready exists in sfdc... but i don't find the way to insert a button "Add"...

I would like to have something like the product selection page for the opp

I will really appreciate your help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

You are right, only NEW button will be available in the related list. If you wish to add Building records in the related list which is on opportunity object then visit the Building record and relate that building record to opportunity by a lookup relationship or master-detail relationship.

So first create a lookup relationship between Building and Opportunity (or the object in which you wish to have Building related list) then in the lookup fied on Building choose the opportunity which is related to that building record. Once this is done the related building will automatically appear in the Building related list in the opportunity detail page.

Hope this helps!