function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnilGuptaAnilGupta 

API Usage

Hello,

I'm trying to create an iOS app that allows a user to login and see all of their contacts.  I'm able to allow the users to login using OAuth but when I run a query for some users they are getting errors that says: 

{message=The REST API is not enabled for this Organization., errorCode=API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG}

I know these users can enable this setting for their organization, but I'm trying to create an app that allows any user to see their contacts.  I know this is possible because the Salesforce app 'Logger' allows any user to log in and see their information regardless of what plan they are on.  

So really what I think I need to do is to not use the permissions of the logged in user, but to look at the permissions of the app and the account it is registered under.  Does anyone know how to do this?  And what plan would the app need to be registered under?

tommmmtommmm

I would assume that Logger is a partner app considering it is available on AppExchange. This is probably how they get access to this info. If you're creating an app for a specific organisation you will need them to enable the REST API. 

I found this which has some info on packaging your apps. Not sure if this is what your issue is.

Until you resolve this issue you can still work on the app by creating a developer account. This gives you free access to all of the APIs so you can at least continue developing until you figure out this issue.