function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbhisekhAbhisekh 

How is Status field of EventRelation table related to the Event table?

I'm trying to figure out how is the "Status" field of "EventRelation" related to the "Event" object in salesforce.

I need to fire an email or perform some other operation from an external application every time an invitee Accepts or Declines an event, the condition is NOT to query all the Events every time but only when an invitee Accepts or Declines an Event.

The LastModifiedDate doesn't get reflected if an invitee accepts or declines an event, therefore I cannot take the LastModifiedDate as reference for my query.

Any help here would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

Status is a standard field for Tasks, it is not for Events. In open activities or activity history you will find Status field, for events that would always be blank and Tasks will be unchecked for an Event.

Now as per your requirement you wish to trace whether the an Event has been accepted or Declined. For this i would suggest you a work around, create a custom field where you will have to manually enter if the event has been accepted or declined and then you can make use of work flow to send email alerts.

There is an idea on idea exchange portal for your requirement, please vote if you wish to have such functionality in near future:

https://success.salesforce.com/search?type=Idea&filter=New%2CAny%20Category&keywords=Get%20informed%20when%20invited%20persons%20confirm%20or%20reject%20an%20event%20/%20meeting

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

Status is a standard field for Tasks, it is not for Events. In open activities or activity history you will find Status field, for events that would always be blank and Tasks will be unchecked for an Event.

Now as per your requirement you wish to trace whether the an Event has been accepted or Declined. For this i would suggest you a work around, create a custom field where you will have to manually enter if the event has been accepted or declined and then you can make use of work flow to send email alerts.

There is an idea on idea exchange portal for your requirement, please vote if you wish to have such functionality in near future:

https://success.salesforce.com/search?type=Idea&filter=New%2CAny%20Category&keywords=Get%20informed%20when%20invited%20persons%20confirm%20or%20reject%20an%20event%20/%20meeting

This was selected as the best answer
AbhisekhAbhisekh

Thanks.