function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
soboleivsoboleiv 

Bug: Field is not readable via API on Sandbox while it is on Prod

Hi,

I have a Dev sandbox cloned from Prod.

I have a field on it(Account.RKCB__Crunchbase_Permalink__c [ Screenshot ] ) which I access with the query:
SELECT Id,Type,ParentId,Name,OwnerId,RKCB__Crunchbase_Permalink__c, SalesTool_Company_ID__c FROM Account

I've checked field accessibility and it's 'Editable' for each profile[ Screenshot ]. 

And 'Visible'. [ Screenshot

Field is accessible for queries from the same account via web developer console [ Screenshot ].

Enterprise WSDL contains the field as well:

<complexType name="Account">
      <complexContent>
         <extension base="ens:sObject">
            <sequence>
               . . .
               <element name="RKCB__Crunchbase_Permalink__c" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="xsd:string"/>
               . . .
            </sequence>
         </extension>
      </complexContent>
   </complexType>

Still, get the following error in Sandbox, but all is ok in Prod
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException : INVALID_FIELD:
Id,Type,ParentId,Name,OwnerId,RKCB__Crunchbase_Permalink__c, SalesTool_Company_ID__c
^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:38
No such column 'RKCB__Crunchbase_Permalink__c' on entity 'Account'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

vbsvbs
The snapshot shows a field called Crunchbase Permalink whereas you have something with a RKCB prefix is that right?
soboleivsoboleiv

> The snapshot shows a field called Crunchbase Permalink whereas you have something with a RKCB prefix is that right?

I guess so, as the snapshot has that 'something with a RKCB prefix' as the API name for the field.

vbsvbs
Can you check from Eclipse Schema Explorer/Workbench is the field is queryable?
soboleivsoboleiv

vbs wrote:
Can you check from Eclipse Schema Explorer/Workbench is the field is queryable?

Yes, it is:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/iwds.png/

I don't use Eclipse for the integration - C# via SOAP.

vbsvbs
This does not confirm whether the field is queryable from the API as you are running the query from the developer console.
soboleivsoboleiv

Why Console should differ from API given the same credentials? Any other options to try without setting up Eclipse, etc?

rekha sharmarekha sharma

Hi 

try the below query for the same, let me know if this works

SELECT Id,Type,ParentId,Name,OwnerId,Crunchbase_Permalink__c, SalesTool_Company_ID__c FROM Account

Thanks 

Rekha

soboleivsoboleiv

rekha sharma wrote:

Hi 

try the below query for the same, let me know if this works

SELECT Id,Type,ParentId,Name,OwnerId,Crunchbase_Permalink__c, SalesTool_Company_ID__c FROM Account

Thanks 

Rekha

No, it does not.

ERROR at Row:1:Column:38
No such column 'Crunchbase_Permalink__c' on entity 'Account'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

rekha sharmarekha sharma

Ok, Apart from Field accesibility also recheck the below steps for field level security

1:   Select the field. Chose Setup, then App Setup -- Customise -- Account , and select  field.

2 :  Select the "set Field Level Security" Button 

3 :  Make sure Visible checkbox is ticked for your user type.

Thanks 

Rekha

soboleivsoboleiv

rekha sharma wrote:

Ok, Apart from Field accesibility also recheck the below steps for field level security

1:   Select the field. Chose Setup, then App Setup -- Customise -- Account , and select  field.

2 :  Select the "set Field Level Security" Button 

3 :  Make sure Visible checkbox is ticked for your user type.

Thanks 

Rekha

It's already ticked for every user type. One of the screenshots in the initial message proves that.

rekha sharmarekha sharma

Hi ,

I have seen the screenshots this is regarding field accessibility , what about the field level security  is that visible?

Thanks

Rekha

soboleivsoboleiv

rekha sharma wrote:

Hi ,

I have seen the screenshots this is regarding field accessibility , what about the field level security  is that visible?

Thanks

Rekha

Yes, it is. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/8v4r.png/