function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dietcoladietcola 

Force.com Sites -> custom object capabilities

Hi, All-

My organization is trying to set up our instance of Salesforce so that it will be ready to receive information from a Force.com Sites page that we'll hire someone externally to build for us.  In the meantime, we need to know what Force.com is able to do so that we can set up our Salesforce architecture accordingly.

With that, here are my three ridiculously complicated questions for anyone who knows:

1) Does a Force.com Sites page have the capability to dump into two separate custom objects from one page on one site?

2) Does a Force.com Sites page have the capability to dump into separate record types on a custom object, based on a picklist?  In other words, can I set up a picklist so that if the end user selects Option A, it will dump into Record Type A; if the user selects Option B, it will dump into Record Type B; etc.

3) If the answer to both of the above questions is yes, is there any reason I can't combine both of them to have one page that dumps into two separate custom objects--one of which that makes use of different record types determined via a picklist?

Many thanks if you've made this far!!

TweedTweed

dietcola -

Yes, based on your descriptions all three of these things should be possible using VisualForce pages and a custom controller.  EDL Consulting specializes in sites development and we could definitely help you through this.  Please contact me if you need further assistance.

- Marshall

marshall.tweed@edlconsulting.com

dietcoladietcola
That is great to hear!  Thanks very much for your reply.