function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IvarIvar 

Approval/Rejection notification in Approval Processes

Hi.

Can anyone tell me where/how I can send a notification to the initial submitter of an approval request upon final Approval/Rejection. If I add an email message action to either Final Approval or Final Rejection I am unable to select an appropriate recipient. The closest I get is "Creator", but that is the creator of the record to be approved, which is not good enough for me.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Ivar

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SurekaSureka

Hi,

I had the same requirement. The closest solution which I found is, create an Email field in the corresponding object and store the submitters email Id. Then make use of this Email Id field in the final Approval / Rejection action and send the mail alert.

Hope  this helps.

Thanks

All Answers

SurekaSureka

Hi,

I had the same requirement. The closest solution which I found is, create an Email field in the corresponding object and store the submitters email Id. Then make use of this Email Id field in the final Approval / Rejection action and send the mail alert.

Hope  this helps.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer
IvarIvar

Thanks Sureka. I somehow hadn't thought of that, this solved the issue :)

Jos DofferhoffJos Dofferhoff

Hi Sureka,

Sorry to bring such an old topic back up again but the question in this topic is exactly what I am looking for as well. I understand your solution but do not know how to automatically fill in the submitter's e-mail ID in this field.

Is it possible that you, or someone else, explain this in more detail?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Regards,

Jos

lounge7lounge7
Hi Jos, the solution is described elserwhere (https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000h6NnAAI)
  1. Create a new field called "Initial Submitter" on the object for which the approval process exists.
  2. Create a Field Update that updates the field "Initial Submitter" to "$User.Email" (the current user's email address).
  3. Navigate to the approval process, and add a new Initial Submission Action, and select the field update that was just created above. 
  4. From here on, you can create a new Email Alert, and the Recipient Type field, you will select Email Field->Initial Submitter.
Kind regards, Martin