function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jochen5478jochen5478 

CMSForce with Customer Portal

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with my problem concerning CMSForce and Customer Portal.

I have set HomePage as default Tab within Customer Portal. After login with a customer portal user I can see  the visual force page but not the content block items of the page. If I am using the same with sites everything works (without any login).

It seems that the customer portal user with his profile can't see the content block items. I have no more idea what to change to make the content block items appear.

I have checked the debug protocol and can see that the items were queried, so the controllers run.

Does anyone know this issue and can help me with it?

Thanks,

Jochen 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
David VPDavid VP

Some people are getting really creative with CMSForce :-)

If you want to use CMSForce in a Customer Portal setting you'll need to :

Go into the custom objects Page / PageItem / ContentBlockItem and check 'Available in customer portal' for those.

You'll also need to go into the profiles used in the customer portal and give read access to those objects.

Hope this helps,

David

All Answers

David VPDavid VP

Some people are getting really creative with CMSForce :-)

If you want to use CMSForce in a Customer Portal setting you'll need to :

Go into the custom objects Page / PageItem / ContentBlockItem and check 'Available in customer portal' for those.

You'll also need to go into the profiles used in the customer portal and give read access to those objects.

Hope this helps,

David

This was selected as the best answer
jochen5478jochen5478

Thanks, that was the solution! I did not know this little flag.

Regards,

Jochen

markdamomarkdamo

Hi,  Ive made Page / PageItem / ContentBlockItem objects for the portal and also gave my protal user profile read access to these objects but still when im logged in as a portal user I cannot see the  content block items?

markdamomarkdamo

Manage to work out the my problem was with Field Level security.  My portal users profile did not have field level access to the field content__c on the ContentBlockItem object.