function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bbradybbrady 

Getting the following error: ApexExplorer8.0.exe has stopped working

I made the mistake of clicking on the "Start DB Replication Monitor" button just to see what would happen, now Apex Explorer refuses to start. I get the following error when I attempt to login "ApexExplorer8.0.exe has stopped working."

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Apex Explorer a couple of  times after deleting whatever temp files I could find. I must be missing something though because even after reinstalling, it manages to find my default login/password from somewhere, and the replication monitor button is still clicked.

Where is this startup profile hiding?

Thanks!
BIll
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jm@idcjm@idc

I was having the same issue so I uninstalled it, then opened the registry (Start --> Run --> regedit) and searched for apexexplorer and deleted any registry keys that were found.  *** If your not familiar with editing the registry please be very careful ... you can kill your OS if you delete the wrong keys.

The main settings are stored under HKEY_CURRENT USER - Software - sforce - ApexExplorer8.0

After a reinstall it worked properly.

James.

All Answers

jm@idcjm@idc

I was having the same issue so I uninstalled it, then opened the registry (Start --> Run --> regedit) and searched for apexexplorer and deleted any registry keys that were found.  *** If your not familiar with editing the registry please be very careful ... you can kill your OS if you delete the wrong keys.

The main settings are stored under HKEY_CURRENT USER - Software - sforce - ApexExplorer8.0

After a reinstall it worked properly.

James.

This was selected as the best answer
madattampamadattampa

You don't need to reinstall. Just change the dbReplicationIsRunning attribute value to 0 and restart the apex

explorer.

Location:  HKEY_CURRENT USER - Software - sforce - ApexExplorer8.0

jack_lincon_zhujack_lincon_zhu

Thanks so much! I come across the same problems.

jack

Aparna GopalakrishnanAparna Gopalakrishnan

Thank you so much :)

Hari KallaHari Kalla

Thank you James, it worked.

Hari