function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OdedHarnivOdedHarniv 

Field Visibility after sandbox refresh

Hi

My problem is that all the fields on my object are not visible.

Overview:

This is probably due to a mistake I made when forgetting to include the Profile in the change set when updating my work from the sandbox to the production.

Before I realized the mistake I refreshed my sandbox with the data in the production and now in both I can't see the objects' fields when creating a new one.

The only way I know to fix this is by going into each and every object and field and changing it's Field Level Security and sometimes also it's Field Accessibility but this is a lot of manual labor.

I did save my old src directory in my Forec.com IDE but I'm not sure how can I use the Profile, Layout and Object files to help me resolve this problem and reconstruct the old visibility definitions for the profiles.

I couldn't find where these settings are referenced in the files.

Is there any easy way to change all the files without going into each one or even better apply my old setting from the files I saved?

Help much appreciated...

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
flewellsflewells

I can't help with how/why it happened, but you can fix it on each profile.  Similar to my previous instructions, bring up each profile in your production org.  this time go to the Record Type settings section of the page.   Since your object has record types, you should see an [Edit] link.  This is where you can specify for the object which record types are valid for the profile.  If you are assigned more than one record type, you'll get the familiar prompt to choose a record type the next time you create a new record.

All Answers

flewellsflewells

How many profiles do you have?  If not a ton, you may find it easiest to go to each profile and use the 'Field Level Security' section in your production org.  Click the View link that corresponds to your object and you can set the field-level security for all fields on that object.  Then repeat for each profile.

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

Thank you this makes the manual work a little easier.

I wish I knew where this Meta Data is saved.

The problem I still have though is that before, whenever I created a record I was prompted to select the Record Type I want to create. Now this no longer happens.

Any suggestion on why that happened and how to fix it?

Thanks

flewellsflewells

I can't help with how/why it happened, but you can fix it on each profile.  Similar to my previous instructions, bring up each profile in your production org.  this time go to the Record Type settings section of the page.   Since your object has record types, you should see an [Edit] link.  This is where you can specify for the object which record types are valid for the profile.  If you are assigned more than one record type, you'll get the familiar prompt to choose a record type the next time you create a new record.

This was selected as the best answer
OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

Thank you 

This really help and saved time...