function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DevgeekDevgeek 

Data Loader Config and Database file with MSSQL

So I have the Data Loader running an integration between my MSSQL 2005 server and Salesforce.com.  My issue is when the original developers that I have since replaced did this they were on Data Loader 16, currently 21.  I want to get the Data Loader working at the newest version.  My issue is that I know the connectors are not correct.  Does anyone know where I can find example database config and config.conf files for SalesForce.com to SQL Server?  The one included with the data loader is a java one.

kxa422kxa422

In the config files, there is a section for the JDBC section. You have to give the server name and port number to allow the command line daaloader to work.

For instance in the database-conf.xml, you should have a bean like the following one:

<bean id="TestDatabase" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
<property name="driverClassName" value="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" />
<property name="url" value="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MyDatabaseServer:PortNumber/MyDatabaseName;instance=MyInstance;prepareSQL=2" />
<property name="username" value="MyUsername" />
<property name="password" value="MyPassword" />
</bean>

<bean id="TestDatabase" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close"> <property name="driverClassName" value="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" /> <property name="url" value="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MyDatabaseServer:PortNumber/MyDatabaseName;instance=MyInstance;prepareSQL=2" /> <property name="username" value="MyUsername" /> <property name="password" value="MyPassword" /></bean>

It's just a sample.