function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EckingEcking 

Public Knowledge Base no longer updating since Summer 11....?

I am using the Public Knowledge Base from salesforce and have been having a few issues since the Summer 11 release on my org.

My public knowledge base is no longer updating itself with metadata changes (for example I added a new Article Type that is not showing up on my site)

Also adding new fields to my exsiting article type is not working.

I notice that in summer 11 salesforce have made changes to the way permissions are set for Articles so think it must be something to do with this.....but noone, including salesforce support seem to know.

Has anyone else come across this?

etienne.giraudyetienne.giraudy

Ecking,

Since Summer'11, there is a new system for giving access rights to article types ("CRED").

If you add new article types, you need then to grant access to this article types to the profiles  you want, including the Sites on which you public KB is running.

For this go to your Sites and click the public access settings button. In the page you will see all your article types. The Sites have access to the one created prior to Summer'11 release, for the ones created after, no access is granted by default.

Etienne 

EckingEcking

Thanks Etienne, that works for the new Article Type but not for the new fields on my existing Article Type..... I cannot see anywhere to look at FLS for Articles either

Ecking,

FLS for Sites is setup as weel from the Public access setting page, there is a section dedicated for this, that lists all objects including article type.

Etienne 

EckingEcking

Thanks Etienne I see that option now. I had been looking for Articles not my Article Types! 

Now the only problem that I have remaining is attributing permission to View articles on my new public knowledge site (they already have CRED and FLS) but at the moment no way for me to check the Knowlegde user on my Guest user... any ideas?

Ecking,

In fact that permission disappered with the introduction of CRED one, so you should be good to go!

(we have had some issues with the PKB package generation, it will be updated  very soon now and that specific step will be removed)

Etienne 

EckingEcking

Hi Etienne

Strangely even with the CRED and FLS I still get the error that my user is not allowed access to Knowledge. I guess I will wait for the package update to come out. Unles you have any other tricks up your sleeve....?

I am sorry i should have given you the full answer in once :(

See this post: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Force-com-Sites/Guest-User-Licenses-and-public-knowledge-base/m-p/294645#M4964 for the solution!

Thanks

Etienne 

EckingEcking

That is absolutely fine. I am just grateful it works now and I was not going mad!

Thanks! :)