function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BA_AdminBA_Admin 

Address Validation Rules

Hi All,

Does anybody know if there is any app or any tool for validating the address in Sfdc...

TIA!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
David SchachDavid Schach

Check Geopointe and DemandTools.  The former uses Mapquest or Google, and the latter uses StrikeIron.

All Answers

David SchachDavid Schach

Please explain.  Which address?

Before asking if an app does something, please note if you have checked the AppExchange.  Have you looked there yet?

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Hi,

I mean when you enter the address in Account, contact, lead.....i want to see if that address ia valid one, so iam looking for a tool or any App which verifes that the adress we enter into the billing or shipping fields is valid , i didn't find anything in App exchange, please let me know if there is any tool or any App, we are trying to get implement this one

David SchachDavid Schach

Check Geopointe and DemandTools.  The former uses Mapquest or Google, and the latter uses StrikeIron.

This was selected as the best answer
BA_AdminBA_Admin

Hi,

Thank you so much, i think strikeiron would be the best one.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Hi,

I was just looking at the Strikeiron, but iam getting many errors and i don't think we can go for it, but i saw the other one called

Address Verification – QAS for salesforce.com, i think this one looks much better than the other one , do you have any idea on this App.

SmartyStreetsSmartyStreets

I realize that this question already has a solution, but I think it might be helpful to you to have a couple more options.

Within Address Verification, there are a number of different services that are offered. Are you looking for a company to verify lists? Many companies offer this service, and it is called "scrubbing". Basically you send them a "dirty" list, or a list with a number of addresses you want checked, and they clean it up for you by checking to make sure all of the addresses are usable and in the correct USPS format.  They also verify deliverability and add a 12 digit barcode for mailing purposes.
If you are looking for a tool to add to your website where people can enter their own info, and it will be validated/verified, this is a little different. This would be a web service, typically an API.  There are many other companies (such as QAS and Strikeiron, as you have already discovered) who offer this service. SmartyStreets also has a tool called LiveAddress (http://www.smartystreets.com/Products/LiveAddress-API/)
Make sure to do research on different Address Verification services to make sure that you are getting the exact fit for your what your company needs.
I work for an address verication company called SmartyStreets. Please contact me if you have any other questions you think I could help with. support@smartystreets.com