function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gbs1075gbs1075 

Type Mismatch error in call to sforce.connection.remoteFunction( )

Hi,

I have a s-control that display records in a list and one column is a hyperlink.  When a user clicks on the hyperlink,  another s-control is invoked that executes the AJAX proxy call "sforce.connection.remoteFunction( )". 

URL for the column is "https://na5.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01N700000000ugP which invokes the s-control.

An error occurs in the line "sforce.connection.remoteFunction( )" with the error message "Type Mismatch" (which can be seen when you double-click the error icon in the browser's lower right corner).  The weird thing is the same s-control works when invoked from a custom link I created in the accounts tab.

Thanks in advance.

cheenathcheenath
Are you constructing the URL by hand? If so try using merge field:

{!$SControl.scontrol_name}

gbs1075gbs1075

Thanks Cheenath.  Unfortunately, I still get the same "type mismatch" error.

Any other ideas I can try ?

dotnetericdotneteric
Were you able to resolve this issue?  I have run into the same problem. 
gbs10750gbs10750
unfortunately I'm not sure what I did to solve the problem but I used the merge field  "{!$SControl.scontrol_name}"
dotnetericdotneteric
My situation was a little different, but I was able to resolve it.  I am placing an s-control in an iframe myself, not via the traditional way of placing an s-control on a page layout.  Without the parameter ic=1, it gives me a "Type Mismatch" error when using the ajax proxy.  This is what my iframe looks like now:

Code:
<IFRAME id=erf src="/servlet/servlet.Integration—lid=01NT00000004In6&ic=1" frameBorder=0 width=0 height=0></IFRAME>

Hope this helps someone else!