function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RKRK 

Emailing Attachments attached to Custom Objects

Hey all,
I think I know the answer, but wanted to ask it anyways...

I have built a custom object that contains data pertaining to PDF forms that we have, such as state(s) that the form is approved in, product(s) that the form pertains to, description of the form, etc.  The PDF form is actually attached to the Custom Object.

What I would like to do is be able to provide a custom link from the Custom Object that will launch a new Email window within Salesforce.com and have the PDF that is attached to the Custom Object attached to the Email.

I know this would be possible if the attachement/PDF existed within the Documents folder, but I lose my ability to do extra customization/categorization that I can do via a custom object.  Likewise, I could create a link to the PDF in the document area directly on the Custom Object, but I beleive it would be a bit too complicated for them to do that with any regularity.  Lastly - I know that there are fee-based AppExchange packages that could probably do this, but the need at the moment does not warrant extra fees.

Ryan
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
This can't be done, because you have to first download the file then upload it, since it's not on the documents tab. If you store the file on the documents tab, you could create a custom S-Control to lookup and attach the document to the email. I don't have the URL you'd use to specify the attachment, though, so I'm not 100% certain it's possible, but that'd be your best bet.

~ sfdcfox ~