function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OptimusPrimeOptimusPrime 

Newbie: passing info between Case page to a S-Control

How do I pass information between the Case page to a custom object page, which is called by a S-Control. In other words, how do i get info from the previous page (Case page) to the new S-Control?

Is that what these fields are all about? {!Case.CaseNumber}. How i use these fields?

Thanks in advance
Angel118Angel118
Hi,
       Is there any relation between the custom page, I mean ..lookup..etc...If so u can use query function to get the information u require.

Angel..
OptimusPrimeOptimusPrime
Not quite sure but I think the answer is not. Well, the case object has a custom object, initial assessment. So, say I go to the Case object page and click on new Initial Assessment. After the click, it brings me to the create a initial assessment page. So how do i pass the case Id from the first page, the Case page that is, to the new page, the initial assessment page?
Angel118Angel118
When u will open a new Initial Assesment from Case Related list that means the Intial Assesment has a look up of case in it.

If not create a look - up field of case in Initial Assesment, so whenever u will open a new Initial Assesment the case number will come in automatically and using the case number u will be able to populate other values of Case also in Intial Asesment.

Angel...