function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AC1AC1 

Auto-populate fields with S-Control

Help.....

If someone out there has a sample S-control I could use, I would like to auto-populate the following.  On the oppty products section; I would like to pull in a value from a custom field within the products object, when the product is added to an oppty. Can this be done with an S-Control?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, AC
michaelforcemichaelforce

The only way I know how to do this is quite complicated and difficult to maintain... involving creating an s-control to "spoof" the product line item input pages so you can put custom code behind it...

I would recommend waiting for rollup fields to be available on opportunities (winter '08 i think?).  You can then use a rollup field directly, or possibly multiple rollup fields which would feed a formula field to get the info you want in the opp detail.

AC1AC1
thanks for replying michael :smileysad:
elstokeyelstokey
Hello AC1, You are wanting a custom field on your Product record to show up on the Opportunity Product record? If they are picklist or true/false fields you could probably do this with workflows w/ field updates. For example It could be an Opportunity Product Workflow that triggers when Product Custom Field = Software. When triggered it updates an Opportunity Product Custom Field to "Software". Do you think that would work for you?
AC1AC1
The custom field I am trying to pull over is a dollar value (cost) of a product.  The cost varies on all products but I am interested in learning how you create the trigger workflow.  I will look in the help & training under workflow's.  Thank you