function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NinoJoseNinoJose 

Is there a way to override the message that pops up on the Delete button on the contact list???

Hi Im a newbie and would like to know if there is a way to override the message that pops up on the Delete button on the contact list???

Lets say I would like to change the message "Are you sure?" with the message "Are you sure you want to delete this Contact?"

Hope you can give some advice. Thanks

Greg HGreg H
I believe that the messaging on those buttons is standard and not updateable.  You could make a suggestion on the idea exchange to allow for editing of those alerts.  Or you could create a custom buttton/link to perform the deletions and that way you could control the messaging but this option seems like a lot of additional work for something as trivial as the alert box on deletions.
-greg
NinoJoseNinoJose
Hello, I have found a workaround for this problem. All I need to do is to create a new Custom buttons and have its behavior as an onclick javascript action hiding the original button. Then on the javascript you'll just have to create a confirm() call then with your message and then check whether the user clicks the Ok button. If the user clicks the Ok button then you can redirect it to any url you like whether is deleting a record or viewing or redirecting it to your custom Scontrol.