function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
geetageeta 

s-control calling standard salesforce UI but shows up two set of tabs and side navbar

Hi,

I am having an issue with s-control. I am developing a custom UI using s-control. This s-control is launched from a custom list button. This s-control doesn't have any code related to the standard salesforce tabs or the side navbar. On click of edit button in the s-control I am calling the standard salesforce edit URL. I used window.location to set the new URL. This opens the edit page with 2 sets of tabs and nav bars. But, when I return back from the edit page the UI is fine. I tried several options but none worked. Appreciate if you can help me resolve this issue.
Greg HGreg H
Your sControl is loaded into a frame.  One solution would be to use "parent.location.href" to set the URL.
-greg
geetageeta
I tried that option as well. With this the edit page open properly but when I return back (click cancel or save), it replaces the entire window with the s-control, i lose the tabs and the side navbar.
Greg HGreg H
Since you are controling the UI you simply need to change the functionality on the cancel and save clicks within your sControl.
-greg
geetageeta

Hi Greg,

Edit and Save are not in my s-control. I am calling the standard Case edit url from my s-control. If I use location.parent.href, it opens the edit page properly with the tabs and navbar. However, when I click on edit or save on the edit page, it returns to my s-control but replaces the entire window and I lose the tabs and navbar. Any ideas? Do I have to do something when I set the retURL to call the edit page?

Thanks,
Geeta

Greg HGreg H
I think I understand what you are doing.  What if you change the "Behavior" option on your custom button via setup?
-greg
geetageeta
I tried all the options there as well. If I choose 'display with no headers and navbar' the s-control gets displayed without any tabs and navbar. I want the s-control to have the tabs all the time. Is there a way to do this? Is there a way I can generate the code for the tabs and add it to my s-control? Will that solve this problem?
Greg HGreg H
I think you'd be heading in the correct direction if you try updating the retURL value that is getting passed to the edit page.  I think you mentioned this in an earlier post.  Try changing that parameter to something like the case Id and see where that gets you.
-greg
geetageeta
I have still not been able to figure out a solution for this. Is there a parameter in the retURL that will enable the s-control to open inside the frame and not replace the tabs and nav bar, when I return back from the standard edit page?