function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NikBNikB 

Time Limit Exceeded error on Tab view

My Org has 16ml records in the Contacts object (we have done data migration from a legacy system) and I am getting a Time Limit Exceeded error when trying to open the Contacts Tab. 

Time limit exceeded

Your request exceeded the time limit for processing. 

Majority of these contacts are associated with one Account (Private Individual) and Salesforce Support have suggested that this may be the reason. They recommended attaching these Contacts to multiple Accounts.

These Contacts are individuals (consumers) and I am wondering if moving to Person Accounts for this Org will solve the problem. 

Thanks,

Nikolai

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

This error is due to the 16ml records in the Contacts object, not because of multiple contacts with one Account Record. You have to decrease the amount of data. you can create a view with some condition that will display less record.

Kartik PerisetlaKartik Perisetla

Hi,

Force.com throws "Time Limit Exceeded" error when the time for executing specific operation crossed the threshhold limit. As you mentioned you have millions of records. I think the time taken to query and rendering them on UI is taking long time and thus exceeding the limit. I would suggest creating a new view filtered records or creating a visualforce page and use SOQL to retrieve contacts using LIMIT keyword. You can also achieve paging sort of thing while fetchuing records using the OFFSET keyword in SOQL.

I hope you find this response useful.

Cheers !