function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SusanClarkSusanClark 

Using the IDE to Export Schema in a Professional Org

Hello,

I am trying to hook up the IDE to a professional org so I can capture schema changes prior to mothballing the org.  I have asked support to enable the metadata API and I believe this has been done.  Now the problem I am running into is the following error message when attempting to log into to the org with the IDE:

invalid_type: Cannot use: Apex Class in this organization

I'm pretty sure I see why this is happening since Prof orgs don't have customizable Apex, triggers, etc....  What I'm hoping is that I can somehow limit the scope of what the IDE is requesting from the API to only those objects and "items" that are appropriate for a Pro org.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

SusanClarkSusanClark

I should also add, that I tried creating the project offline and then adding specific metadata components.  I run into a different but similar problem there: 

Unable to refresh file metadata:

INVALID_TYPE: Cannot use: BusinessProcess in this organization

So sort of the same thing but I really can't see a way to turn that particular request off either...

ddsouzaddsouza

Hi Susan,

I believe the BusinessProcess type is specific to the Case standard object. When you tried adding specific metadata components, was Case one of the standard objects you added ? If so, can you try removing it and see if that solves the problem ?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

ddsouza,

BusinessProcess is also used for the Opportunity and Solution as well. None of which are usable in Professional Edition, because you need Record Types to use this feature.