function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cignuscignus 

changing name field

Hi

I want to create a person custom object. I want to have first name and last name separately but I also want them both to be shown in pick list and searches....

I tried to create a dummy name field (full name) and fill it with fName+ lName. but in the default layout I cannot remove the name field from the form or set a temp default value on it.

any suggestions?

Would it help if I made a custom form and left out the name field?

Cheers,

Behzad

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

If you want to display the input text first name and last name in a Picklist. You cannot display this on the standard page. You have to create a vf page and then you can display the first name and last name in a Picklist.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

cignuscignus

It's not just displaying in one form. I want the label field of my person object contain it's first name and last name everywhere I use it. 
As it is said in object definition page 

The Record Name appears in page layouts, key lists, related lists, lookups, and search results. 

What I actually need is using a formula as the name field, but because that is not possible, I want to calculate the formula result and store it in the field with a trigger.

cignuscignus

There is something done in contact model and layout. I want to do the same in person, but I cannot find a way.

There are 3 field in contact model called salutation firstName and lastName and there is also a field called name.

In the standard layout of contact you see the field name (but not the other 3), but when you run the page instead of getting name you get 3 fields with 2 labels. How is that possible? Is it a custom control? Or it is a special feature created just for contact.