function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arek Stegienko DevArek Stegienko Dev 

Adding Questionnaires to Leads/Accounts/Contacts

I need to add questionnaires to the leads/accounts/contacts in my database and I'm looking for advice on the best way to implement this.

My questionnaires consist of a set of questions that one of my employees fills out about the lead/account/contact they are working with.  The questions are a combination of text fields, checkboxes, picklists, etc.  Also I'd like to have the ability down the road to implement some sort of scoring of the answers to provide a summary of the questionnaire (ie: based on the questions the lead is % likely to be interested in X, Y, Z, products).  I'd like to be able to add multiple questionnaires sort of like you can add tasks to a lead/account/contact.

At first I thought I could approach this by simply creating a new task record type and having my questionnaire be a task, but I'm pretty sure there's got to be a better non hack way of doing this.  Also using a task record type would probably prevent me (in the future) from summarizing the answers and providing some sort of score of the questionnaire.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer in how to approach and solve this.  Btw, I've only been using/developing SalesForce for about 1 month so in depth step by step answers are highly appreciated, but high level overviews are also welcome if you don't have the time to write longer response.

Thanks.

JitendraJitendra

Hi,

I think creating new Custom Object with record types on the basis of type of question will be very easy to manage in future.

On Custom Object you can have a look up to Account, Opportunity and Lead.

Create a Custom Button on page layouts of Account, Opportunity and Lead which will redirect you to New record page of the Custom Object.

PFangPFang

Just did this for our org, like Jitendra said, create a custom object for the questionnaires. You can make this even more interesting by creating a Visualforce page with the necessary class that would allow for your employees to fill out the questionnaire through an online form, instead of logging in to Salesforce. The online form would in turn generate Questionnaire records that can be associated to accounts, contacts and leads. This should pretty much open up horizons for letting other people fill out your questionnaires, not just your employees, clients perhaps?