function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CharlieSCharlieS 

Storage Limits - any way to get around the 2k per record quota ?

I need to store a lot of very small objects - 2.5Million records with just a single field (18 character string)

My understanding is that Salesforce's storage calculator assumes that every record is 2k regardless of how complex/big/small it is, so Salesforce calculate that custom object as needing 5Gb storage space, which is just about as much as we have for the whole Org.  I don't particularly want to pay Salesforce the extra storage cost.

Does anyone know of a way to store small objects more efficiently ?

thanks

Charlie

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I don't think there is a way out of this for now. If you still wish then you can support this idea (Please go through the comments to see the other side of the issue)

http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000I3E0

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

asadim2asadim2

What are these one-liners used for? You're not compiling a gigantuous list of pickup lines are you? Depending on the use-case you may be able to tweak your data model. Basically that's the only way.

Since you have 2.5 million values, you cannot use Apex to statically store them either -not even if you break them up into 2-3 classes since your total allotted code limit is 3 million characters per org.

CharlieSCharlieS

They are a list of UK 'blacklisted' phone numbers that I need to wash against our contact / account phone numbers.

JitendraJitendra

The only workaround i can think of is :

Instead if just 1 field, try to have more fields and wherever you are searching for blacklisted logic try to search in all fields. I know you have already must think of same. but just thought to share..

Nedko Nedkov 23Nedko Nedkov 23
Hello CharlieS,

I guess the solution to your problem was fixed by Salesforce with Big Objects.

Regards
Nedko