function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jay EcklesJay Eckles 

Creating SQL Server tables to backup Salesforce data

I am setting up a series of Data Synchronization Tasks in Informatica Cloud that copy data from Salesforce objects into SQL Server tables.  The most time-consuming part of this exercise is creating the tables in SQL Server.  Is there any way to ideally automatically build T-SQL DDL or second best to get the names and types of all fields for each object in Salesforce?

I have tried using the XML files for objects that is accessible via the Force.com IDE, but those XML files seem only to contain the custom fields and they are in a terrible format for this purpose anyway.  The data is also available via salesforce.schema in the Force.com IDE, but only in an "explorable" format, not in any structured downloadable format.

Is there an API that Force.com IDE is using that I can leverage to get the metadata I'm looking for?  Am I coming at this from the wrong angle entirely?
Santhosh KumarSanthosh Kumar

You are not coming from any wrong angle. This is very logical request and problem that many have.

I believe Informatica cloud can replicate the DDL along with the Data so please check once again and see if you can leverage that.

I don't know of any tool which can generate the sql based on the schema. The tool Real Force Explorer (https://bitbucket.org/brsanthu/real-force-explorer/wiki/Home) can show the list of all objects, field names and types. May be that would be of some help.

richard harding 1richard harding 1
I have a process/tool that exports Salesforce data to sql databases (MS,MYSQL or ORACLE).
 For a trial copy, email me at rhard2651@gmail.com