function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vamsi@sfvamsi@sf 

How to decrypt a particular field's values(which are encrypted) of records and show them in report ?

Hi,

I ve following situation:

I ve an object and one of its fields holds encrypted values of actual values. Now while running the salesforce standard report i want to decrypt them and show the actual values in report output.. i  dont know if its possible to call a function to decrypt the encrypted values just after clicking on "Run Report" button and then decrypt them and show them in report output.

Is it possible?

Plz help me.

Thanks

wt35wt35

Do you have the "View Encrypted Data" permission? That is pretty much the only way to see encrypted fields.

or else what you can try is building a Visualforce page displaying this field using <apex:outputField>

Only the <apex:outputField> component supports presenting encrypted fields in Visualforce pages.

Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed

Based on your profile setting - view Encrypt Data, End user who is running report may or may not able to see the data.

If you go for VF page then the profile attribute will not work, you need to control through who need to have access to the VF page.. Just a thought !!!