function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFGSFG 

Is it possible to disassociate the relationship between Accounts and Cases? If so, why?

I'm looking at an org where there is no relationship between Accounts and Cases. I have never seen that before. It's professional edition, which I have as well so I'm comparing my org to there org and I can clearly see that under Cases my org has the Account lookup and theirs does not.

Has anyone ever seen this before? If so, how is this even possible to do inside Salesforce. More importantly, why would you do that?

gitugitu

Is teh account filed missing on the layout or the standard field itself is missing? If it is the latter, I have never seen the scenario you have mentioned . In my org I see the lookup. May be cases in the implementation are more contact specific rather than account specific. In that case, account on the case is not important.

SFG wrote:

I'm looking at an org where there is no relationship between Accounts and Cases. I have never seen that before. It's professional edition, which I have as well so I'm comparing my org to there org and I can clearly see that under Cases my org has the Account lookup and theirs does not.

Has anyone ever seen this before? If so, how is this even possible to do inside Salesforce. More importantly, why would you do that?

Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed

That's not possible as for as i know, check out Setup -> Customize -> Case - > Fields.